Thursday, August 09, 2012

Uke Orchestra, Blue Skies Festival Aug 2012

okay, so you saw me in the photos, but how many of my ukes???



over all, the Blue Skies workshop programming was amazing! i can't believe i didn't think to look at the schedule til after i was home. ha, egads etc.

its true i meant to participate in the choir.  but, excepting  the U2 and Neil Young tunes, the material didn't resonate with me. And, they were sight reading in their parts, which i can't do.  am i even an alto? I didn't even have my glasses for the words.  No wonder i never went back after the first practice!

Eve's uke workshops, for me, on the other hand, were amazing!!!  All three of them, and then the performance was fun.

First of all, she seems to have stuck it in my head good and for all time, finally, that your FIRST string is closest to the FLOOR!

the bass player i accidentally forced a uke on (in order to run back to my tent for extras), tabbed out the other Latin Times homework for me in 2 seconds flat.  So, I have take away stuff to work on, for all that missed tuning ukes for little kids ha.
*
the rest of our set list included:
Sloop John B
My Girl
Feelin' Groovy
>> one of these had some intro picking pattern i don't remember, didn't it?
*













*
 for me it wasn't the performances on the main stage, or even the wonderful Blue Skies workshops, it was the memorable musical moments of the informal jams. it was awesome that the fire ban lifted with the rain!!!  Standing by other people's canaopies listening and smiling, joining in, sometimes even sitting down and accepting a glass of wine and instrument, ha.  when i enthused about my nighttime adventures to my tent mate she said, "congratulations, you've arrived at blue skies"





No comments: